So being that it’s Monday, I’ve been thinking through the reasoning for Monday being such a horrible day. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far.
1. Mondays commemorate the first of five days that you can’t sleep in.
2. Mondays tell your body that the rest and relaxation it’s used to is gone for at least four or five days.
3. Mondays are the beginning (for some) of a detoxification program that lasts for four or five days.
4. Mondays remind you of why you don’t like the people you work with.
5. Mondays are synonymous with really, really, really boring staff meetings/team time/group session (whatever your boss has decided is the most trendy, useless name for a dumb and unproductive meeting).
6. Mondays are usually spent avoiding the hurting/creepy guy at the water cooler.
That’s what I’ve got. Anything I’ve forgotten?